Disclosure: Some of the links mentioned on this page are affiliate links. That means, when you use those links to buy products, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. That way I will have some help in running this website.
Chicken Croquettes are very simple to make. These can be made one day before a party and is an awesome appetizer.
- Boneless chicken pieces – 250 gms
- Minced garlic – 2 tsp
- Butter – 30 gms
- Plain flour (maida) – 1 tbsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Chili powder: 1 tsp
- Minced ginger: 1 tsp
- Boiled corn – 1/2 cup (Optional)
- Pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Grated cheese – 1 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Plain flour – 1 tbsp
- Bread crumbs – 1-2 cups
- Oil – for deep frying
- Cook the chicken with some water, salt, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp garlic,chili powder and 1 tsp pepper powder in a pressure cooker. Strain the chicken and Mince it in a blender.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add 1 tsp minced garlic. Fry for a min or two and add plain flour. Stir continuously till the raw smell of the flour goes, around 2-3 mins. Add milk and mix well. Add chopped coriander, boiled corn and remaining pepper powder. Stir well. (You can also add some chicken broth from Step 1 at this time )Make sure there are no lumps.
- When the sauce thickens add grated cheese. Mix well. Add minced chicken. Mix well. Cook on low flame for 5 mins. Adjust the seasoning.
- After the mixture cools down, Shape the mixture into small logs.
- Slightly whisk the egg with some water and plain flour.
- Dip the shaped rolls in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs. Always use one hand to dip the croquettes in egg and one hand to roll it in bread crumbs otherwise it will become very messy.
- Fry the rolls in medium hot oil and take out after it gets golden brown. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or Fry Sauce(Mix 1 part ketchup, 2 parts Mayonnaise, some pepper,1 tsp Apple cider vinegar and salt)
Note: These croquettes can be made a day ahead, Keep the rolls in Fridge and fry the next day.