Who doesn’t love curling up with a hot bowl of soup and a delightful book(or may be binge watch Netflix) in Monsoon. Super easy and absolutely made from scratch chicken soup that needs just 30 minutes from stove to table. Vegetables like Shredded Carrots, cabbage, broccoli, mushroom, peas or baby corn can be added for more flavor. This recipe is very very versatile and super easy. I prefer the thigh pieces of chicken.
This one is a healthy, yummy and very comforting soup if you are fighting cough and cold.
A very simple chicken soup recipe that can be tweaked to make a meal by adding noodles, pasta noodles or rice.
Makes 4 servings
- Boneless Chicken : 250gms (chopped)
- Onion: 1/2 chopped very finely
- Garlic: 4-5 cloves
- Ginger:1/2 inch chopped finely
- Capsicum: 1 chopped finely
- Black pepper powder: 2 tsp
- Maggi magic cube: 1 cube (optional)
- Lemon juice: 1tsp(optional)
- Vegetables (Carrots, peas, mushrooms, broccoli florets ): according to taste (optional)
- Water: 4 cups ( 1 cup per serving)
- Salt according to taste
- Butter: 1/2 tbsp
- Garnish: coriander (optional)
Combine chicken, onion, crushed garlic-ginger, water, salt and pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
(Note: Veggies like baby-corn, carrots etc. can also be added at this stage)
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Strain the chicken pieces and keep aside.
Take some butter in a pan and sauté the strained and shredded chicken with capsicum and maggi magic masala cube or any seasoning you like. (Note: Add chopped Mushrooms at this stage )
Add this to the soup and serve hot.
Garnish with some finely chopped coriander.
Extra Tips: Add Lemon juice if taking for cough and cold. This soup is very comforting in case of fever, cough or cold. The ginger, garlic and black pepper provides this soup a lot of benefits.