Review Time for a Meat and Seafood delivery service this time.
Licious is the name my friends.
We started using the licious service since last two months. They provide chicken, mutton and sea food. This service is new here in this part of Pune. Available in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Noida, Faridabad and Delhi as well.
So many times it happens that we are in a mood for non-veg delicacies but we don’t have the time or mood to venture out and get these cuts (especially in this Monsoon season).
And if you are having guests at your place, there’s already so much to do……Well here is an app!!!! Along with all types of chicken, mutton and Sea-food, Licious is providing ready-to-cook starters of chicken, fish and even prawns (which can be prepared in your-choice-of-healthy-oil).
So let’s start:
What they Claim:
My question no. 1: How is the chicken better than other vendors? The chicken is devoid of antibiotics and growth promoting hormones . 2. Is the Meat Halal? Yes. Licious meat is Halal certified. 3. How does Licious maintain the meat’s freshness? From procurement to delivery, we have a stringent and robust cold chain in place, which holds our products between 1⁰-4⁰ Celsius. This ensures that the meat is always fresh till it reaches you. So their FAQ section is quiet good. Please check it out.
What they offer:
- Chicken – Curry cuts, keema, boneless, drumsticks, tenders, lollypops, soup bones, leg piece etc
- Lamb & Goat – curry cut, keema, ribs & chops, leg steaks, liver, shanks etc
- Fish & Seafood- wide range of steaks and fillets
- Ready to cook – chicken starters, fish starters, prawns etc
- Cold cuts – chicken Salami, chicken sausages
- Exotic – Blue crab, atlantic salmon etc
There’s a huge variety of products and the best thing?? There’s an app that is very easy to use and order all their awesome stuff. Within 3 hours, they deliver and in very sturdy and good boxes. I liked the Ready-to-cook section a lot, they have given all the details from the ingredient list to the 4 types of Cooking methods that can be used i.e. On the Hob method, Oven method, Grill method and Microwave method with the Time required in each and the method they suggest, also, the garnish suggestions. These small details are very important and helpful.
The boxes have sketches of their customers as well. How i wish to see my own sketch too 😀
Price: Slightly on the costlier side.
App: Easy to use app, all the details are present. Interface is good. Beautiful photos of the products. Most of the payment options available. The only thing i didn’t like is the minimum order for waving of the delivery charge is 699/- which is too high. Some products are always shown as sold out.
Packaging: Very good packaging. The products come in individual vacuum packed bags in sturdy cardboard boxes. The individual packets had all the information regarding what’s in it and the temperature required, price, weight, shelf life etc. Most of the product packaging i liked. Only the chicken Salami packaging was not good. At a time, we prefer to eat 3-4 pieces but after keeping the bag in refrigerator, all the pieces got stuck to each other and i didn’t want to thaw the whole bag and refreeze it. I really wish they could have wrapped a single salami in individual wraps like we get in cheese slices.
Taste of the Products we ordered:
1. Goat Mince: This is our top favorite product and i have already ordered it so many times. Perfect texture, perfect color, very fresh and is fat-trimmed and without any bones, fragments or sinews. Priced at 399/- for 500gms
2. Chicken lollipops: Okay product. The lollipops were slightly smaller. Priced at 109/- for 10pcs
3. Boneless chicken breast: Good. No issues. I made butter chicken and chicken donuts. Priced at 219/- for 450gms
4. Chicken cutlets (bengali style): These were very good and i will definitely repeat my order, it had sufficient pieces for 3-4 people. Slightly on the spicier side. Each and every piece was mopped up right away and i didn’t get a chance to photograph. Priced at 169/- for 350gms
5. Amritsari achari murgh: It didn’t taste achari at all. Taste was not bad though, similar to any normal chicken tikka we make but definitely not achari. Priced at 299/- for 450gms. Enough for 3-4 people.
6. Chicken Thigh (boneless): Good pieces. I will definitely repeat my order. I made murgh malai tikka out of it and it was an instant hit. Priced at 239/- for 450gms.
7. Chicken breakfast sausage with chives: Delicious. We will definitely order again. I have used these in omelettes, salads and in Loaded nachos too. Priced at 299/- for 250gms.
8. Chicken curry cut: No complaints so far. Clean and fresh pieces. Priced at 139/- for 500gms.
9. Peppery Chicken Salami: Good taste but i am disappointed with the packaging. I wish the salami pieces had their individual cheese slice like packaging. I can’t use the whole packet in one go and i can’t/don’t want to thaw the whole packet again and again. Priced at 299/- for 200gms.
VFM: Slightly costly, but if they maintain their service i won’t mind paying.
Overall SR Rating : 4/5 (as on 30/07/2019)
Ease of use: 5
Shelf life: 5
Will i repurchase??
Yes, i have been repurchasing a lot, but there are other players like FreshtoHome, FishVish and more in the market so i would like to try their services as well.
If you liked this Review, or if you have also used this service, do leave a comment.
Disclaimer : The opinions expressed about the products I review are from my personal experience only. I also do not get any monetary compensation to review any product.