A nutritious green mix of Spinach, Peas and Potatoes with a cashew on top makes this Kebab delicious as well as very healthy.
Perfect party starter, these can be made into small flat discs and then thread into toothpicks. Perfect finger food.
Loaded with veggies, this kebab is a very good way to feed your kids greens.
I serve it with Dahi ki Chutney.
- Garlic : 2 cloves, grated
- Ginger: 1/4th tsp grated
- Green chilies: 2, finely chopped
- Potato : 1, Boiled and mashed
- Spinach : ½ bunch, blanched, drained and chopped
- Boiled green peas : ¼ cup
- Grated cottage cheese (Optional) : 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves: 2 tsp
- Gram flour : 2 tsp roasted
- Chaat masala : ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Shallow frying
- Cashews: Split (for garnishing)
Blanch the spinach in hot water, drain and squeeze to remove all water. Chop or blend coarsely.
Boil Peas and potato, drain and mash.
Mix Spinach, Potato, Peas, chopped green chilies, garlic, ginger, chopped coriander leaves, chaat masala, salt and grated cottage cheese.
Add roasted gram flour (Besan), and make dough.
Now divide this into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into 2” flat kebabs. Stick half a cashew on one side.
Cook/Shallow fry the kebabs on a greased tava (griddle) until golden brown in color on both the sides.
Serve with Dahi ki chutney or green chutney or Ketchup.
Note: 1. In case the mixture is very sticky, add more roasted besan but it may not taste good if you add too much.
2. For crispy kebabs that do not break while cooking, make sure no water is retained in spinach, potato and peas. No need to grind it finely as well.
3. Better to blanch the spinach to lower the oxalate content.
4. Potatoes can be replaced with sweet potatoes for more health benefits.
5. Some Chaat masala can be sprinkled over for added tang.
For Serving: Serve and consume the kebabs immediately as the kebabs go soft after sometime because they are shallow fried and not deep fried. Tastes delicious with hummus and mayo as well 😀